Today we are going to talk about the windows problems. You may encounter when updating to Windows 10 and how to solve the most common ones.
In general, Windows 10 is supposed to always update without problems, but there are times when something happens and despite having, Windows activated you get an error that is not always fully understood.
Windows could not complete the installation
Fix windows failed to complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, please restart the installation: If you are facing this error it means that you are using Audit Mode to install Windows, which is the main cause of this error.
When Windows starts up for the first time, you can boot into either the Welcome Mode or the Windows Audit Mode.
Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this to your computer, you need restart the installation.
Also, the main problem with this error is that you are stuck in a reboot loop and therefore more annoying.
How do you fix Windows could not complete the installation?
Tips- 1: Enable the administrator account
- On the error screen, press Shift + F10 to open the command prompt.
- Type and Enter: MMC
- Next, click File> click-Add or Remove Snap-in.
- now Select Computer Management and double-click.
- In the new window that opens select Local computer and then clicks Finish and OK.
- Then double-click Computer Management (Local)Next> System Tools-Next> Local Users and Groups-Next> Users-Next> Administrator.
- Make sure the Unmark Account option is disabled and click OK.
- Next, right-click on the Administrator and then select Set Password and set a strong password to get started.
- Finally, close everything and restart your PC. After the reboot, you may be able to fix that Windows couldn’t complete the installation.
Tips- 2: Start the Account Creation Wizard
- Open the Command Prompt again on the error screen by pressing Shift + F10.
- Next>Type the following command and press Enter: cd C: windowssystem32oobe
- Again type “msoobe” (without quotes) and hit Enter.
- The above will start the user account creation wizard, so create a generic account and password.
Note: Please have your product key ready as it is sometimes necessary. If you ask OEM / No, then just press “Finish”.
- Once done, hit “Finish” and close everything. Restart your PC, you may have successfully fixed Windows could not complete the installation.
Tips- 3: Change password requirements
This error tends to appear when you are in Audit Mode and the computer has just joined a domain. When The error is caused by password requirements, then use the local security policy.
- Now you need an Open prompt on the error screen.
- Type (secpol.msc) the following command and hit Enter
- Navigate to Account Policies> Password Policy.
- Now change “Minimum password length” to 0 and uncheck “Use Password with requirements”.
- Apply the changes and then exit the Security Policy console.
- Click OK on the error message to restart your PC.
Tips- 4: Fixing the Registry
1.On the same error screen, press Shift + F10 to open the command prompt.
- Type (Regedit) the following command and Enter
- Now in the Registry the following key: ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SYSTEMNSetupN-Status
- Then Adjust the following values:
Note: To change the value of the keys below, double-click them and then enter the new value.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINENSYSTEMN-SetupN-StatusN-AuditBoot Value: 0
- After a reboot,
- Audit mode is disabled and Windows starts regularly.
Tips- 5: disable auditing mode
Running the sysprep command each time resets Windows to the default license state. So if your Windows is activated and you run this command, you will need to reactivate Windows after running this command.
- Open Prompt on the error screen.
- Type (Sysprep / oobe / generalize) in cmd and click Enter
- disable Audit Mode.
- Close everything and restart your PC.
- If you are still facing this problem then open cmd again.
- Type (regedit) and Enter
- Navigate to the following registry key:
- Highlight the Status Registry key, then right-click ImageState in the right pane of the window and click Delete.
- Once you have cleared the chain, close everything and restart your PC.
That’s all you have successfully fixed Windows failed to complete the installation error, but if you still have any questions about this guide, feel free to ask them in the comment section.
How do I fix error code 0x800F0922?
Some of the errors that you can find here are 0x80242006, 0x80244018, 0x80D02002, 0x80246017, 0x80240438, 0x80070070, 0x8007000D, 0x80246008, 0x80096004 or 0x80070020.
If the solver does not work for anything, you can also download the solver assistant. It also works when the update stops at 70-99% for no apparent reason.
Residual file error
There are times when Windows will show you the error 0x800F0922, which can be for several things. Sometimes it will be due to file corruption in the system, caused by residual files from a previously executed update process.
To fix it, make sure you have the Windows clock well synchronized, and delete the contents of the C: \ Windows \ SoftwareDistribution \ Download directory.
There are also two other reasons why it can happen. First by being connected to a VPN, so make sure you do not have one active or temporarily disable it when updating.
It may also be because you lack space in the main partition reserved for the Windows system, in which case you must modify it to make it somewhat larger and give it a little more space.
The Windows Update, System Update Tool Microsoft, can present problems that prevent the installation of new updates in Windows.
The most common faults can be resolved with simple procedures, such as restarting the PC, removing connected devices or using the diagnostic tool, for example.
However, in some cases, it may be necessary to format the hard drive and reinstall the system.
Below is a list of five official Microsoft tips on how to resolve Windows Update related issues. The procedure was performed on a Windows 7 PC, but the tips are also valid for Windows 8 and Windows Vista users.
Now restarting your PC can solve problems related to installing updates. To do this, simply access the “Start” menu and search for “Windows Update”; >Next- If there is an update pending that requires a system restart, >Next click “Restart Now” to perform the action. >Next use the Windows Update diagnostic tool
1. Now Go to the Microsoft support page and find the ”
2: Next Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter” section. Click on the version of the system installed on your computer and then on the ” Windows Update Troubleshooter ” link to download the tool;
The file will be saved in the download folder of the computer with the name “WindowsUpdate.diagcab”. Run the wizard and follow the steps that appear on the screen.
Now remove the devices connected to the PC
Disconnect flash drives, external hard drives, memory cards and any other USB accessories. Also remove DVDs, CDs or Blu-ray from the disc player.
These accessories, according to Microsoft, can cause problems during the restart of Windows.
Restore the system
Step 1. In the “Start” menu, search for “System Restore” and open the first result;
Step 2. During the restoration process, select a date prior to the problem and restore the system at that point.