WifiKill was designed to be used exclusively on Android devices, but now you can install it on your PC or Mac through the use of an Android emulator. To do this you need to download and install the BlueStacks Android emulator, this is the best emulator on the market.
Follow these instructions to install and run BlueStacks on the PC
- Search for this website www.bluestacks.com.
- Follow the instructions to download the emulator.
- Launch the software, when it has completed its download.
- When the application is running, look for the My apps button and click on it.
- Search the app for the WifiKill app.
- Once it is downloaded, launch the program.
- Once the application is launched, click on the My apps button.
- This will allow you to search for different apps, look for the WifiKill app and click download.
- Once the app has been downloaded you will be prompted to INSTALL the app.
- Once the app is installed you will need to log into Google and search for the Bluestacks app in the Play Store.
- Upon login, the WifiKill app will start to download.
So what does the WifiKill app do?
This app is designed to give you control over your WIFI network. If your network is too congested this app will allow you to remove the user or users who are hogging the bandwidth and slowing down your network. The APPs developers have described it as such. For example, if someone is hogging the bandwidth streaming their precious Keeping up with the Kardashians, you can remove them and keep all the bandwidth for yourself.
Downloading and running the APP through the Bluestacks Emulator has a number of benefits, firstly you can now run the APP on other than android devices, and secondly, you don’t need to root your device to run the APP, thirdly it offers an extra layer of security to your network.
One of the nice features of the APP is that booted users still see themselves as connected to the network. Many parents choose to use the WifiKill app to control their home networks, some may have children of different ages and may want to allow them separate access to the network.
Unfortunately, the nature of this APP means that it is open to abuse, it clearly demonstrates issues with WIFI security, and some people have used this to cause mischief. This has led Google to remove it from the play store. Please use this APP responsibly, thanks.