In today’s day and age, language barriers do not prevent people from reading comics from other countries. With translations and subtitles readily available everywhere, people are reading comics from different corners of the world while sitting in the comfort of their own homes.
Japanese anime and comics have seen a worldwide surge in popularity during this time. This has caused a lot of people to look for apps and platforms that provide ready access to Japanese content. In this situation, Tachiyomi for PC has emerged as a safe, easy-to-use app that gives access to Japanese comics.
How to read manga on PC?
Before we go into the details of Tachiyomi, let us discuss what the app specializes in beforehand. Tachiyomi provides users access to a wide range of manga comics. Manga is a Japanese comic, which has Japanese characters and Japanese settings. Much like the anime craze, the popularity of manga is also growing across the globe. People who like reading mage greatly enjoy the unique plots of the comics and the colorful illustrations. However, these comics are not yet readily available.
This is why manga readers constantly look for apps that can provide them access to these beloved comics. This is where Tachiyomi comes in handy. This app allows readers to enjoy manga comics on their computer screens. If you download the app on your PC, you can take your comics everywhere and conveniently enjoy your comics.
How to download the Tachiyomi app for PC?
Installing the Tachiyomi app for PC is a matter of seconds. All you need to have is a PC with a stable internet connection, and you can start reading mange on a big screen from today as well. Just follow the steps mentioned below:
1. The first step to downloading Tachiyomi for PC is to download an Android emulator. As we have mentioned before, emulators help your computer device imitate the characteristics of an android device, making it possible to download apps that were not ordinarily available on computers. While numerous emulators are available online, the best one for installing Tachiyomi on PC is Bluestacks. This is because Bluestacks is compatible with apk files and works well on MAC devices.
2. You can Google Bluestacks and download the app from its official website. The instructions may vary depending on the exact device you have. Once the app is downloaded, it may run automatically. However, if it does not, go to the location where Bluestacks is installed on your computer and manually run it from there.
3. Sign in to your Google account using the email address and password to log into Playstore.
4. Once the Bluestacks homepage, you can click on Tachiyomi. Once you click on this, Tachiyomi for PC will automatically start installing itself on your computer. To run it, click on one of the three circles on the top-left of your home screen of Bluestacks. Once you click on this, a drop-down menu appears. From this menu, choose the Install APK option.
5. When the Bluestacks app asks your permission to run APK files, grant this permission. This will then cause the app to detect any apk files on your computer. Since the Tachiyomi app is an apk file, it will run automatically once the scan detects it.
What languages do Tachiyomi for PC offer?
While manga is readily available in Japanese, it is more difficult to find translations in the language you can actually read. Before Tachiyomi, there were a lot of apps that provided a line-by-line translation of the manga comics. However, the sense of these comics was often lost in these literal translations, which is why apps conduct ‘scanlations’ now.
These scanlations do not involve literal translations but try to convey the message of the dialogues by “scanning” the whole comic. Tachiyomi for PC offers English versions of your favorite manga comics. In addition to English, there are a lot of other language options available as well so that you can enjoy your favorite comics in the language you are most comfortable with.
What are the pros of Tachiyomi on the PC?
Tachiyomi for PC has many advantages for manga lovers. The first pro is that Tachiyomi allows you to read comics on a larger screen. You can look at the illustrations in greater detail on the screen of a PC as compared to the screen of a mobile phone. In addition to this, Tachiyomi also has a Light and Dark mode for reading. The Light mode is great for reading during the daytime since the brightness is adjusted to suit the daylight.
Tachiyomi for the PC has many advantages for manga lovers. The first pro is that Tachiyomi allows you to read comics on a larger screen. You can look at the illustrations in greater detail on the screen of a PC as compared to the screen of a mobile phone. In addition to this, Tachiyomi also has a Light and Dark mode for reading. The Light mode is great for reading during the daytime since the brightness is adjusted to suit the daylight.
The Dark mode is ideal for people who are reading at night. The darker theme of this mode puts less strain on your eyes at night before you are going to sleep. Tachiyomi also has an advantage over its competitors due to the fact that it is ad-free. While there are a lot of online reading apps available in the market, frequent ads in between comics can ruin the fun of it. Since Tachiyomi is ad-free, you do not need to worry about this problem!
What are the cons of Tachiyomi for PC?
While Tachiyomi PC is generally a great app, there is one problem that users have identified with it. This is the fact that Tachiyomi does not have a feature that causes related manga comics to show up in your feed. This can be a little problematic for people who want to read manga comics on similar topics. Tachiyomi does not find similarly suited comics based on what you have already read, and readers have to do their research manually.
Our thoughts on the app
Overall, we recommend the Tachiyomi app for manga readers. Even if you have not started to read the manga but are generally interested in Japanese culture, you could still install the Tachiyomi app to find something you may like. Tachiyomi for PC is a specialized app that features only manga comics, but it is great for people who are already comic fans or who are looking for greater insight into Japanese culture.
Related App: How to Use GoodNotes 5 on Windows and Mac