We love Skype, but sometimes it creates a problem. We can’t hear properly for lower volume.
This is an expertise article. Here you could know more than just tips.
I want to tell you and for that reason, I will explain to you the way to fix the problem “Skype lowers volume of everything else”.
So, hope doesn’t miss it! If you want to know more? Well, keep reading to learn essential point of view.
If you want to solve the “skype lowers volume of everything else” problem, then just follow our tips. Hope it works.
Skype lowers the volume of everything else
Has it happened to you that when you are talking on Skype then you notice that the volume is lowered when using another program?
It is one of the most frequent problems, but you should not worry.
It has a fairly simple but very effective solution.
In this article, we will explain “skype lowers volume of everything else” so that you can communicate clearly with your friends, family, or work issues through Skype, but keeping the volume to your liking in other applications or programs.
Why does Skype turn down the volume? Skype lowers volume of everything else
When the “Skype lowers volume of everything else”.
The moment we initiate a call through Skype, the volume of other programs is automatically reduced, making the communication we make on Skype better, but we do not always like this to happen.
But it is not due to Skype, but rather that the Windows system has a tool that takes care of detecting when calls are made from that computer, and that is when the operating system intervenes and automatically lowers the volume of the computer.
How to prevent Skype from turning down the system volume (skype lowers the volume of everything else)
If you want to prevent the system volume from being lowered when making a call with Skype, what you can do is the following (For “skype lowers the volume of everything else”):
- Go to the settings or configuration of your computer for “skype lowers the volume of everything else”
- Now click on the System section
- Now click on the Sound option
- Once inside, you must click on the Sound Control Panel option that is on the right side of the screen in the related configuration options.
- A new window will open, you must click on the Communications tab located at the top of the window.
- There you will see the option that is activated with the percentage of how much the volume lowers the system, you can select from 80%, 50% or select Do nothing so that the volume does not decrease, after selecting the one you want, click in Apply, then OK
- Once you’ve selected the option you want, click Apply and then OK to finish.
Ready, in this way the Windows system will not decrease the volume again after you make a call through Skype.
How to delete Skype messages
Do you need to delete certain Skype conversations? Fortunately for many, for whatever reason, this has a solution.
In this article, we will tell you how to delete Skype messages, either from the application on your computer or from your mobile.
Stay with us to discover the simple step by step!
How to delete Skype messages from PC application
That is a very simple thing to do, but remember that once you decide to delete a conversation on Skype, you will not be able to recover it.
Check very well that this conversation does not contain information that you may need in the future.
To delete a Skype chat from the application on PC, what you must do is the following:
- Open the application from your computer
- Once inside, click on Chats located under your name and profile picture on the left side of the screen.
- Then you must select the conversation you want to delete, below you will have all the chats that you have had on Skype. Once you locate the conversation, right-click your mouse, and then select Delete conversation
- Then, finish confirming that you want to delete that chat by clicking Delete.
- And voila, in this way you will delete the Skype conversation.
Learn more about how to stop skype from lowering volume?
How to delete Skype conversations on mobile phone
Now, if you want to delete a Skype conversation from a mobile phone, what you should do is the following:
- Enter the Skype application from your mobile device.
- Once inside, you must go to the bottom of the left side of the screen and select Chats.
- There you will see all the recent and old conversations you have had on Skype.
- Find the conversation you want to delete, and hold it down until a window with options appears, and there select Delete conversation.
- To confirm that you want to delete that chat, in the new window that will appear press Delete
- The chat will be completely removed.
Can I prevent my Skype conversation history from being preserved?
For those who have the latest updated version of Skype, this cannot be done, since the new features of the platform will be automatically stored on your hard drive.
Inversions prior to 2018, Skype had the option not to save the history of conversations, but currently, it has been removed from the settings.
In the event that you have a previous version of Skype, you can do the following: Tools> Options> Privacy> Store History and then decide whether or not you want to store conversations, including how long you want the history to remain in both weeks and months.
Click here to learn how to solve if skype connect is very slow.
If you want to learn a little more about Skype and similar programs (Like Skype lowers volume of everything else).
Remember that we have a great variety of articles that we publish every day. So that you can easily find all the solutions to your problems or doubts.
In case you still have some kind of doubt about “Skype lowers volume of everything else” or some kind of problem.
You can leave it in the comment box that you will find a little further down.