If you are looking to install Orbot: Proxy with Tor on your computer, these are steps that you will need to follow for the application to install successfully. You can use an emulator like BlueStacks, which will enable the application to run. Here is the step by step guide to help you with the installation.
Install BlueStacks emulator
BlueStacks is an emulator that lets you install and run Android applications on your computer. You need to install the BlueStacks emulator on your computer first for Orbot to run. Here are the exclusive steps on how to install the BlueStacks emulator.
1. Check your computer for system requirements.
The system requirements for BlueStacks are a minimum of 1 GB RAM, Pentium 4, or Dual Core, Core 2 Duo processor, a minimum of 15 MB Hard drive space, and any of these operating systems; Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, or Mac.
2. Download and run to install.
If the system requirements check out, then you can download the app.
Install Orbot for Windows PC using BlueStacks emulator
After installing the BlueStacks emulator on your computer, you are ready to install the Orbot: Proxy with Tor application. For Windows, here is the step by step guide on how to install the app.
1. Open the BlueStacks application on your computer.
2. After launching the app, click the My Apps button that you will see on the emulator.
3. You will then need to search for the Orbot application.
4. After locating the Orbot application click to install.
5. You will need to log in with your Google account credentials to download the app from the play store on the emulator.
6. After logging in successfully to the play store, the download and installation process should start. The speed of the download will depend on your internet connection.
(If the emulator is unresponsive, you can download the micorsoft.net application and install it on your computer. It should solve the issue and allow for smooth operation.)
Install Orbot for Mac using BlueStacks emulator
BlueStacks emulator runs the same way on Windows as on the Mac operating system. After successfully installing the BlueStacks application on your Mac operating system, follow and apply the steps listed above.
Orbot is a free application that lets you hide your identity as you use the internet. It is a most useful tool for protecting your identity and helps you stay unanimous, as well as access blocked content. The internet is useful but can also be dangerous, with Orbot you are safe to use it.
Check out more apps like Orbot from OnlineTechSoft.com