In this article, I’m going to show you “how to turn off overwrite in gmail”?
Gmail is pretty easy when you’re composing a message.
Writing smart is automatically activated in Gmail just a week ago so that the messaging platform gives users a tool for convenient and faster writing.
Today we explain a little better how it works and, above all, where it is managed. So that you can manage the function as you wish.
In this article, you know“how to turn off overwrite in gmail?
How to turn off overwrite in Gmail?
If you don’t know “How to turn off overwrite in Gmail”? You should try it right now…
In order to turn off overwrite in Gmail – never should use the keyboard top right small key that “(ins /prt-sc)”.
Look at the keyboard number pad the number 0 also has “ins” or insert on it.
In your email where the issue is, hold the “fn” or function key and the 0/ins key to turn off overwrite in Gmail.
Gmail has had a new feature for a few days that we had already heard about a while ago thanks to leaks.
In them, it was noted that the platform would sooner or later introduce new intelligent writing tools in order to help the user.
Smart Compose in Gmail
Well said and done, Smart Compose went live globally a few days ago, with the idea of helping you write your emails faster.
What this tool does is use machine learning technology, which it applies while you are writing a text to offer you suggestions and finish the sentences for you.
The good thing is that these suggestions are adapted to your writing style and the way you usually write.
So they may be different from what another person receives even if both of you start a sentence with the same word.
How to Turn Smart Compose on or off
If, for example, you write “many”, then the suggested word “thank you” will appear in gray.
Then you will have the possibility to insert it with the mentioned key or to continue writing what you want instead.
At first, it may seem like a bit of a slow solution. But if you get used to it (a period of adaptation is necessary to make use of this feature).
It can save you more time than you imagine.
Google decided to automatically activate this feature in all its accounts both in the desktop (web) and mobile versions.
This is quite convenient since it is very likely that most users see an advantage in this feature.
However, you may not identify with that group and prefer not to have Smart Compose turned on.
If this is your case, we are going to explain how to manage this automatic tool to disable it (it will also help you to activate it in the future if you change your mind again).
On web desktop
- Enter your Gmail account.
- Click on the wheel icon in the upper right corner (under your profile image) and enter “Settings”.
- You will appear directly in the « General » panel – if not, click on it.
- Scroll with your mouse until you find the “Smart Compose” and “Smart Compose Customization” options. The first is the one that is responsible for offering you suggestions that appear as you compose an email while the second makes precisely this wording is personalized and adapted to your way of writing.
- Deactivate or activate at will.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the “Save Changes” button. Your preferences will be recorded.
- Enter the Gmail app.
- Click on the icon of the three lines in the upper left corner and scroll down the menu until you find the => Settings <=. Tap on this option.
- If you have multiple accounts in the app, select the one where you want to apply the changes.
- Look on the screen, in the “General” section, the option “Smart Compose.“
- Deactivate or activate as you wish.
- You can go back (no need to hit any save button or anything like that). Your preferences will have been saved.
As you can see, its management is very simple and in a few steps.
You could this function activated or not, depending on your tastes when writing emails.
FAQ: Way to delete all emails from Gmail
When you delete a message from your inbox, it remains in the trash for 30 days in case you have been confused when performing the action or if you simply want to recover it.
Once this period is over, the email is permanently deleted.
If what you want is to remove a message from your inbox, but not delete it.
You can also use the Archive option. If you archive a message, it will reappear in your inbox when someone replies to it.
If you mute it, replies to the message will not appear in your inbox.
Delete messages from a computer, iPhone and iPad
If what you want is to delete several messages at once in Gmail you must:
- Open Gmail on your web page.
- In the boxes that appear on the left, check all those that belong to the messages you want to delete.
- Select Delete.
To delete all messages from Gmail at once :
- Open the Gmail website
- In the upper left, click on the down arrow.
- Click All. This option will select all the messages found on the page where you are located.
- If you have more than one page, click the Select all conversations option.
- Select Delete and all messages will disappear.
Once the messages have been deleted, if you don’t want them to remain in the Trash for 30 days, you can permanently delete them. To do this, select the message and click on Delete. To delete all those mail permanently, click on Empty Trash now.
Just now the post is over! Have you seen how easy it is to solve “how to turn off overwrite in gmail”?
As always, I appreciate your comments and for sharing my posts on social networks.
In case you still have some kind of doubt about “how to turn off overwrite in gmail” or some kind of problem.
Tell us. Thank you…