When we work outside the Apple environment, that is, in Windows and we eject iPhone, pen drive or an external hard drive from our computer like Mac.
Then we are always notified when it is safe to remove the hardware. However, in macOS Sierra, we are not informed if we can safely remove a device.
So we may have the doubt of knowing if we have ejected it correctly and therefore if any of our files could be damaged.
At Apple, we have four different ways to eject iPhone from mac, be it a pen drive or hard drive.
The truth is, that newcomers to the OSX or macOS environment from Windows, have always missed two options, the Spr key (fn + delete) and the USB port icon to remove hardware safely.
What usually happens is that they quickly adapt to the new Apple environment and a few days later they do not remember any of the Microsoft settings.
How to eject the iPhone from macOS Sierra?
As we have already pointed out previously, at Apple we have different possibilities when it comes to ejecting an iPhone drive from Mac.
- Right-clicking on the device icon on the desktop and selecting Eject “Volume Name”.
- In a Finder window, choosing from the top menu File> Eject “Volume name”.
- Dragging the unit that we want to eject to the trash icon.
- In a Finder window by clicking on the eject icon located next to the name of the corresponding drive.
- If in Finder we do not see the sidebar with the available units and devices, we will select in the top menu View> Show Sidebar (Alt + Cmd + S). We will also have to have the corresponding devices selected in the Preferences of the Sidebar in Finder.
Once we have ejected the device in both OS X and macOS, the icon of our device will disappear while temporary files are deleted and it is verified that no program is using the files found on the external device.
If all goes well, the unit will disappear from both the desktop and the sidebar in Finder. Normally the process is so fast that the icon directly disappears from our computer, being able to safely remove the unit.
How to use your iPhone or iPad as a webcam on your Mac
Good image quality is necessary for work, school or personal or business meetings. However, sometimes we are not comfortable with the quality of the camera on our Mac.
Pay close attention because in this tutorial article we will show you an app that will use your iPhone or iPad as a webcam.
Why choose an app and not an extra accessory? You don’t need to shell out money for this
I was one of those users dissatisfied with the image quality of the Mac camera. It makes me see the dark place despite having good ambient lighting.
It is not HD, so the image does not look as clear as on an iPhone or iPad in a video call. Also, the reality is that the camera is located in only one position, it is nice to use another camera accessory to focus elsewhere.
If you have an iMac 2020 like the one in the image, you probably won’t need such an app.
In recent months the prices of webcams have skyrocketed, if you take a look at Amazon or any other online store you will realize that they are much higher prices compared to other times.
Logitech-branded webcams sold out and at other times their price went up to double or triple.
Are you determined to use an app so that your iPhone or iPad works as a webcam? We started this tutorial.
Your iPhone or iPad as a webcam, download Reincubate Camo (also on your Mac)
- Download the app at the top of your iPhone or iPad. On your Mac, access this link to download the use extension.
- Starting with the Mac app, a file with a .zip extension will be downloaded to your Downloads folder. Unzip the folder to get the app.
- Take it to the Applications folder. Then right-click and then click Open.
- Confirm the operation by clicking Open again.
- The last step is to confirm the installation by clicking Install. Enter your Mac password to install.
- The app will be ready to work with your iPhone or iPad.
The app has some additional settings, what matters to us at this point is exploring the free options. At this point, you will have to enter the app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on Continue to start the app, then click on Get Started.
- It will ask for the respective permission to access the cameras of your devices, click on Grant Access.
- Confirm the permission by clicking OK.
- The Not Connected screen will appear. Here you will have to connect your iPhone or iPad to the Mac with the USB cable. Make sure you have the app open on your Mac.
You will notice that this app has a paid version but it is not necessary to pay to use it.
You can choose which camera to use (front or front) for your video call in the Lens section or in the quick shortcut that will appear at the top of your screen.
The default resolution will be 720p in 16: 9 HD on the front. It is the lens that I advise you to use to obtain the best definition since the front camera sometimes does not turn out to be the best (in my case I will use it on a fifth-generation iPad).
You will have a small watermark in the bottom corner of your camera when you are on a video call but it is usually not that bad. Let’s go to the settings in Zoom.
- You can learn more about “how to remove popup ads from Samsung 9s“
- Learn more about the android group message.
- Samsung smart view is not working.
- Funny way to answer the phone.
- Cellphone holder for bed.
- What is the Samsung experience service?
- Cellular Network Not Available For Voice Calls.
Use your iPhone or iPad as a webcam in Zoom
In the beginning, if you notice it on the Mac, you will realize that this app is compatible with a large number of video calling apps.
My concern was to try it on FaceTime but I have not been successful. It seems to me that Apple inadvertently closes access to other types of cameras (unless it is a USB accessory).
You can try it on other services like Zoom, Skype, Teams, OBS, etc. We will see how to put it in Zoom.